1. That all schools in the City are urged to include in the curriculum a lesson on practical cooking skills and their contribution to healthy living.
2. That advice is provided to all parents on healthy options for snack lunches.
3. That all schools are encouraged to progress healthy options for all school meals.
4. The municipal corporation undertake a cost appraisal for improving facilities in parks to encourage easier and free use for exercise such as playing field provision and improving linear pathway access.
5. A research project is undertaken within the City to consider the link between living styles and deprivation.
6. That the municipal corporation and its partners consider how to encourage ‘walk not ride’ initiatives.
7. The municipal corporation and its partners maximise the funding opportunity for initiatives such as Clockwork Orange to be retained.
8. The municipal corporation and its partners monitor the effectiveness of policies in respect of encouraging a greater take-up of exercise in the City.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR OBESITY PREVENTION IN CITIES FOR SCHOOL GOING CHILDREN