Effects of electric stimulation to chronic stroke patient.

During my graduation days in 1993, prescribing splints to the hemiplegic foot and hand was a crime because it would provide stimulus to ball of Gt. toe and similar anatomic area of hand that ware thought to increase spasticity in the respective region. Similarly giving ES (electric stimulation) to spastic muscles for example extensors of wrist and finders or DF of ankle was a crime. After graduation I followed the same path it I my self decided to go against it and see if it helps I found marked changes in function of extensors of wrist and finders or DF of ankle with ES.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entrapment of medial calcaneal nerve (MCN)

Review of Labral Tears of shoulder

Differential diagnosis of Anatomic (Radial) snuffbox pain: It is not always DeQuervain’s tenosynovitis.